Self-powered sensor for busbars and power distribution systems
- The mNODE sensor allows continuous temperature measurement on busbars and electrical equipment.
- mNODE has been designed to easily integrate in standard low and medium voltage systems to allow early detection of failures and abnormal behavior.
- Longer term trend analysis enables increased availability through condition monitoring.
- Automated monitoring, 24/7, ready for PLC/BMS or SCADA visualization.
- Robust data communication through license free IEEE 802.15.4 radio.
- Small, compact design, fitted within seconds:
40 x 40 x 25.4 mm, 60 gr
Typical areas of application
- Switchboards, MCCs, busbars
- Space-constrained cabinets
- Single-conductor cables
- Transformers, generators/motors
- AC only
- Inductive energy harvesting. Generates electrical energy from magnetic stray fields.
- Early start from 50 A current (at busbars from 10 mm x 30 mm width).
- Rapid and easy retrofit.
- Temperature measurement range 0–150 °C (32–300 °F).
- Robust data communication through licence-free 2.4 GHz radio, IEEE 802.15.4.